Couple Hours Once Again

Today I attempted some exterior siding. At first everything fought me and I got nowhere. Eventually, through sheer stubbornness, I did make some gains. It is frustrating when small problems can slow the build process a lot. I started the cedar siding over the “garage” (storage compartment) and immediately ran into trouble. The trim pieces had gaps due to the roofing materials under them. After some tries at correcting this issue I stumbled upon a solution that looked acceptable. From there I started the siding with a small piece to align with the completed boards on the other wall. This took some time to get right. Lastly I added my first full width boards after more time than I’d hoped. Most of the work after the initial start went well, but progress was frustratingly slow. I definitely understand how these projects can drag on. The devil is definitely in the details. Hopefully my next attempt will go more smoothly.

image

I am thankful, especially after my earlier frustration, to see some change once again on my house.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s